Dior Nude Natural glow sculpting powder review
I bought this gorgeous powder 2 years ago and still have 1/3 left. To be fair, I use it only on special occasions.
Although I have enough makeup to last me 3 lifetimes, I never buy anything on a whim. I see it, I review it, then review it a bit more, sleep on it…and only then if I still want it, I buy it. That way I make sure I don’t regret it. This expensive bulky case was no exception.
What Dior says:
First color palette compact foundation by Dior, DIORSKIN NUDE COMPACT combines three shades that recreate beauty in its every nuance. It offers incredible comfort and a unique makeup result thanks to its very specific formulation, which contains energizing Mineralized Water. When applied, the powder melts on the skin for a result as natural and satiny as a cream. The complexion is enhanced, luminous and ultra-natural. Mixed with the brush, the three shades make it possible to adjust the color for tailor-made makeup. Used separately, they emphasize the curves of the face and create sophisticated Nude Makeup.
What I say:
Oh, so true! It makes my skin glow amazingly…like my skin’s been photoshopped 😉 Comes in 4 shades, each shade containing 3 separate powders: highlighter, sculptor/blusher and unifier. Comes with a brush that is surprisingly useful! Although, given the hefty price tag, it better be!
– medium – and buildable – coverage
– a little goes a long way, thus lasting a long time
– stays evenly put in moderate climates (not in the summer though, but what does?!)
– covers redness and mild rosacea
– amazingly GLOWY, flawless skin without being too shimmery
– decent brush
– SPF 10
– not perfect during summer – skin tends to get oily fast
– due to its decent coverage quite visible under direct sunlight
– may come as too shimmery if you apply too much (less is defo more!)
– might clog pores – it’s a mineral powder after all (titanium dioxide 2.97%)
– hefty price tag (around 50 euros in EU)
TIP: apply using small circular movements holding the brush at the right angle (90 degrees towards the skin) so it gets into the pores evenly 😉
Would I repurchase? YES!
You know those mornings when you’ve been working on your presentation until 4 am, managed to get 3 hours of sleep and you’re not 22 anymore so it’s visible…this is the perfect powder to make people believe you are, in fact, 22.