Do you ever feel like your day is waaaayy too short? Or that your salary is waaaaayy too low given how much you work? Same here. So here is a list of my favourite beauty tips & tricks that make my every day beauty routine a bit more hasslefree and my salary a bit more manageable 😀
- keep your feet moisturized by applying your regular body lotion (I absolutely adore Nivea Q10 Firming Body lotion) to your feet and toenails every day – you will save a few quid on pedicures as the skin on your feet will stay soft even during winter. Key words: every day!
- if your skin is not extremely sensitive, consider using an AHA based body exfoliator/ scrub every week (L’Oreal Exfotonic is my HG) – the effect is immediate.
- the best way to prevent razor cuts and burns while shaving is to do it S-L-O-W-L-Y!
- clean your nails with an alcohol wipe before applying nail polish – removing all traces of grease will help the polish last much longer!
- to whiten your nails take two halves of a lemon, dig holes in them with your fingers and soak your nails in this fruit nail salad for 10 minutes 😉 Caution: don’t do it if you have any cuts on your fingers – it will sting!
- nail polish can be cheap as long as you like the colour and you use a good top coat (my HG is Sally Hansen’s Dry & Go Protein Top Coat). Frankly, I haven’t noticed much difference between Chanel and those cheap mini no name ones – they all last at least 5 days with Sally Hansen top coat on.
- apply hair masks or treatments / oils before washing your hair and leave them on for as long as possible, but avoid the scalp! Continue with your regular shampoo and conditioner routine. This way you will get nourished but not weighed down hair.
- if your scalp gets itchy only on certain parts consider the way you wash your hair – it might be the problem is only shampoo residue! If you do it in the shower chances are your scalp gets itchy on the back as it’s harder to rinse that part of scalp thoroughly in that position, so pay attention to that – divide hair as to rinse the backside of your head properly. If you wash your hair upside down, pay attention to the front part which gets harder to rinse that way!
- never apply conditioner to your scalp, it will only make your hair greasy sooner! Hair ends is where you need it the most.
- always finish rinsing with the coldest water you feel comfortable with – the colder the water the shinier the hair! It’s an ancient trick that never gets old – cold water closes hair cuticles and thus makes your hair shiny.
- always apply hair serum on towel-dried hair – this way, even if you use too much of it, your hair won’t look greasy.
- if your hair gets greasy easily always use lukewarm water – hot water will only overstimulate sebaceous glands resulting in more oil production. Moreover, be very gentle when washing and towel-drying your hair – oil glands will get turned on (no pun intended this time!) by too much rubbing, too! 😉
More simple beauty tips to cum in the next post…and then some sex, finally! ❤